Friday, November 28, 2008

Ignorance and Gratitude

Only by writing down what I eat every day could I face my utter ignorance about the things I put into my mouth in order to feed myself. I know tonight I have a bowl of vegetables and rice. But what exactly are they? Those cute looking little mushrooms could well be one monstrous creation of some laborious mad scientists, only covered in an edible and delicious look. (OK, exaggeration here, but hey, you never know.)

But I don't mean to spread negativity here. I am only trying to say that we take our food and the person(s) who prepares our meals too much for granted. So, I thank you, Mum (she won't be reading this 'cos: 1) she doesn't get online and 2) she doesn't read English) for surprising us with wonderful meals every day with much creativity and skills, and whoever has created those mushrooms and brought them into the market (though not super delicious and they seem to have not come into existence (?) some ten years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment